Terms and Conditions
All participants of "Water for All 2021" (the "Event") MUST read the following terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them. By submitting the registration form, the participant expressly acknowledges and agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Participate
- To be eligible to participate in the Event, a participant must complete the registration procedure and fully settle the registration fee and minimum amount of donation on or before the registration deadline of April 11, 2021.
- Participants must understand the risks associated with taking part in the Event and the degree of fitness required. If there is any doubt, please seek medical advice in advance. Any person who is pregnant or suffering from any chronic disease such as heart disease or high blood pressure should not participate in the Event. Each participant warrants that the participant is mentally and physically fit and is fit to participate in and complete the Event; and that the participant has not been diagnosed by any qualified medical practitioner as unsuitable to participate in the Event for any reason.
- The Organizer has the right to disqualify any participants who breaches any of these terms and conditions at any time. In such circumstances, the registration fee and donation paid by the participant will not be refunded. The Organizer also has the right not to give any finisher souvenirs to such participant.
- Mobile phone, bib and basket provided by the Organizer are the specified gears for the Event. Participants must carry the specified gears and complete the Event on foot. The bib and basket shall not be transferred, swapped or sold.
- Participants must carefully study and understand the Event and route information before engaging in the Event. The Organizer also suggested participants to download the GPX file to the participants' mobile phones or watches for map browsing and navigational purposes.
- Participants must follow the designated route of the Event. Participants shall not take any shortcuts or non-designated route.
- Participants must complete the designated route of the Event in one go between March 20, 2021 and April 25, 2021, take photos showing the number bib at all designated checkpoints and upload records of the Event and related information via the link provided in the Organizer's email to participants for verification purpose. Participants can engage in the activity multiple times during the Event period and choose the best record to upload to the Organizer's platform once.
- It is suggested to use STRAVA for recording, if the watch and mobile do not have sharing function, participant must capture the screen of the finished map for uploading. .
- Littering, damaging or disturbing any flora or fauna by participants are strictly prohibited.
- Participants must return the basket between May 2 and May 16, 2021, otherwise, the Organizer has the right not to distribute the finisher gifts.
Withdrawal,Change or Cancellation
- If participant wants to change the route distance on or after Mar 20, MUST inform the Organizer and administrative fee HK$50 will be charged.
- If any participant withdraws from the Event, the registration fee and donation paid will not be refunded and cannot be transferred to any other person, irrespective of the reason of withdrawal.
- The Organizer has the right to change or cancel the Event at any time. The Organizer shall make announcement of any such change or cancellation in a manner it deems appropriate. It shall not be necessary for the Organizer to otherwise notify the participants. In this respect, participants have no right to make any claim against the Organizer.
Risks and Liabilities of the Event
- Each participant warrants that the participant will strictly adhere to all measures for preventing, protecting against, delaying or otherwise controlling the incidence or transmission of disease implemented by the Hong Kong Government pursuant to the Prevention and Control of Disease Ordinance (Cap.599), its related subsidiary legislation including but not limited to Prevention and Control of Disease (Prohibition on Group Gathering) Regulation (Cap.599G) and Prevention and Control of Disease (Wearing of Mask) Regulation (Cap.599I) and all related laws and regulations, maintain appropriate social distance during the Event, wear mask according to the relevant regulations, and only take off the mask in circumstances exempted by the relevant regulations. If any participant is prosecuted by any law enforcement agencies or officers, the participant shall be personally responsible, and the Organizer shall not have any liability in relation to such prosecution.
- Participation in the Event is voluntary in nature. Each participant agrees to bear the participant's own risks and responsibilities. The Organizer suggests participants to purchase appropriate insurances based on their individual needs.
- Participants should immediately discontinue their activity in the Event if they encounter bad weather or feel unwell.
- Participants should cross roads carefully and pay attention to road conditions.
- The Event is a self-support event. The Organizer will not provide any supplies. Participants must bring or obtain from kiosk along the route sufficient supplies by themselves to ensure that they can complete the Event safely.
- Participants have no right to make any claim against the Organizer, its agents, sponsors, supporting organizations/persons (or any director, employee, staff, agent, contractor or other associated person of any of the above organizations/persons) or hold any of them responsible for any personal or third party injury, accident, death or other forms of loss which arose during or after the Event (including but not limited to such time when participants engage in practice, travel to and/or from the Event venue, participate in the Event, withdraw from the Event without finishing it) or for reasons related to the Event or due to participation in the Event (exclusive of liability for death or personal injury due to the negligence of the relevant organization or person). Each participant expressly agrees to absolve the Organizer and the above organizations and persons of all liability related to the Event, including but not limited to compensating any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential losses (exclusive of liability for death or personal injury due to the negligence of the relevant organization or person).
- If any participant encounters any accident during the Event, which causes the Organizer to incur additional expenses, the participant shall fully indemnify the Organizer for such additional expenses.
Personal Data of Participants
- Each participant agrees to the collection, storage and use of the personal information (as defined in the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486)) provided by the participant in the registration form and other relevant forms (including all forms in paper and electronic format) of the Event by the Organizer for purposes related to the Event (including but not limited to organizing, holding, promoting and publicizing the Event). Each participant agrees that such collection, storage and use are lawful. Each participant also agrees that the Organizer may pass the participant's personal data to its agents, successors, supporting organizations and other related entities and persons for purposes related to the Event.
- The Organizer reserves the right to use portraits, sounds, photos, video, voice recording and records in other forms of the participants taken and/or recorded during the Event in promoting the Event and in other promotional or fund-raising activities in the future (including but not limited to using the same on any of the Organizer's webpage or promotional materials). Each participant agrees to the above use of the participant's portraits, sounds, photos, video, voice recording and records in other forms by the Organizer.
- These terms and conditions constitute an agreement between the Organizer and each Participant. A person who is not a party to this agreement shall not have any rights under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Cap.623) to enforce any term of this agreement.
- The Organizer reserves the right to amend any of the above terms and conditions at any time. The Organizer shall make announcement of any such amendment in a manner it deems appropriate. It shall not be necessary for the Organizer to otherwise notify the participants. In case of any dispute, the decision of the Organizer shall be final.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- In case of discrepancies between the English and the Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the Chinese version shall prevail.